Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blues, Jazz and City Lights

Last Saturday Karl and I met up with a group of other JET English teachers for a night out on the town.  We met in Saitama City.  Saitama City is about a two hour train ride away from Ogawa-Machi, where Karl and I live.  Not a bad ride at all.

I was very excited when we found the John Lennon Museum in the Saitama Super Arena.  I just about stopped breathing I was so excited! (The Beatles are my favorite band ever of all time.) It was closed, but Karl has promised to take me there for my birthday next month before it closes on the 30th of September.  :)!!!!

We ate at a Hawaiian burger place (I had the pineapple burger, how could you not!?).  We were very impressed that the food was "American" sized.  If you ordered a large, it was actually what we Americans would consider large.  You typically get what we would call medium for a large order here. 

After eating we found the coolest tiny little Jazz/Blues bar downtown Saitama.  It was fabulous! They were singing and playing all these tunes that we recognized, like Johnny B. Good and Oh! Darling (The Beatles), for instance. Fabulous.  We had the best time and are definitely going to go back and check it out again!

I must apologize for the lack of photos in this post.  For some reason my photos will not upload. I blame my crappy mooched interwebs! (I am still waiting to get our own interwebs. sigh....)

The next post should be fun. Karl and I are going out with a bunch of people tomorrow for some Japanese Karaoke! woohoo! I am pretty excited.

Till next time...

さようなら!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment