Sunday, November 14, 2010

Some people eat to live....we live to eat.

Food is good. Here are some of the delectable items we have been cooking up recently!


 This is an incredible salmon dish that I made Last month sometime.  There are sauteed leeks on top with the lemon slice. I love salmon!















I made this ratatouille to accompany the salmon dish above.  It was marvelous! There are so many varieties of this dish. I chose to make the one found in the food memoir called "A Homemade Life." Served with a french baguette and white wine, this meal was delightful! 
 This is something I made up when we were in the mood for something Mexican. It is basically just a fajita salad.  The dressing I did find in a book, the same food memoir I mentioned above. Garlic, cilantro (coriander), and garlic ALWAYS work well together!
 This is the recipe that the dressing officially called for.  Roasted cauliflower with a chili verde sauce. It made an excellent side dish to my fajita salad! Plus it was a breeze to make.

 Karl and I really love gnocchi dishes.  There is one dish that we use constantly. We found it on Eating Well's website. (GREAT site to find healthy delicious recipes!) This one here we also found on that site. It is very simple, just gnocchi, zucchini, onion, garlic, spices, red pepper, and parmesan. It was excellent and very easy. The side is a simple Mediterranean steamed salad.
 This soup is from the Chinese teaching cooking that is one of the three cookbooks we actually have with us. Karl had never had it before and he loved it! It is a chicken soup with ham, creamed corn, ginger, egg, and scallions. It is positively divine. 
 I did NOT make this! Karl brought it home for me when we was away on a teachers trip in Tokyo.  He found a little shop called "Chocoholic" and had to go in for me. :) Isn't it adorable?!
This last dish I just made tonight.  Another gnocchi dish! I found a recipe online and got the idea for it. Then didn't follow it at all.  The gnocchi I simply boiled for a few minutes till it floated, then drained and tossed it with extra virgin olive oil, basil, pepper, salt, and parmesan. I sauteed onions and garlic in another pan with a bit of olive oil.  When they were beginning to carmelize, I put the salmon on top of the onions and sprinkled it with rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, salt, and a bit of white wine. I covered it for a few minutes till it was cooked through. It was delicious!!!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I need someone to make dinner for me tonight. I'll wait for your arrival... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing a cooking blog Kate ;)
    Yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, we'll cook salmon together when I come to NZ!

    Can, when I am back in the states, Karl and I will visit you guys and cook for you! :)

    Emily: Yes, yes. I think you are right. :) I love cooking! What can I say?!

    ReplyDelete