Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy


I’ve always been one to keep busy…in many cases I have kept myself too busy.  I seem to always find myself teetering on the edge of keeping a reasonable schedule.  Life is all about balance, right?

After our trip home this summer, we cut things pretty close when we scheduled only one day between returning to Japan and leaving for our month of Japanese studies in Aichi Ken.  If I hadn’t had that one day, the transition would have been impossible. 

To keep ourselves busy during the Japanese summer vacation (夏休み-natsuyasumi),  we purposefully signed up for four solid weeks of classes at Yamasa-the same place at which we studied Japanese for two weeks last summer. 

Though this time, instead of staying in the provided school housing, we signed up for a home stay.  It was really Japanese all the time.  We loved it!

Our days were packed with meeting new people from all over the world, studying, exploring new places, and eating good food. 

Our first big weekend trip would be one of the toughest things I have ever accomplished:

Climbing Mount Fuji.  

More to come…




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment