Thursday, June 23, 2011

Buckets of Rain

Buckets of rain
Buckets of tears
Got all them buckets coming out of my ears
Buckets of moonbeams in my hand
You got all the love honey baby
I can stand.

Bob Dylan

We are in the midst of rainy season here in Japan. I have to say…I was expecting rain everyday. It’s rained maybe once or twice a week for the past month. So, yes. That is more than usual. But I was anticipating lots of rain.

Kocho Sensei (the principal) at Karl’s Junior High in Higashichichibu Mura explained rainy season in this way: The possibility for lots and lots of rain exists during this time. That doesn’t necessarily mean it will rain lots and lots, however.

So it’s like hurricane season. During hurricane season, the weather conditions are such that hurricanes are possible…but there is never a guarantee.

One thing that is guaranteed to happen during rainy season is this: humidity.

The Japanese Summer is descending upon us…
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment