Thursday, June 23, 2011

I like mine wild.


So here we are.  In the land of rice.  But…what can I say?  I prefer mine wild.

Pilaf, casserole, soup…it doesn’t matter to me.  I would eat them anyway.  I would eat them here or there.  I would eat them anywhere!

Ok-Dr. Suess moment has passed.  

As one might imagine, acquiring wild rice in Japan is no easy (or cheap) task.  It is possible though.  Whew!  But instead of spending a fortune on wild rice here, some of our dear friends and family back home in the land of wild rice (Minnesota) have sent us some. 

Bless their hearts!

We use it sparingly.  An occasional treat. 

We recently used some as a pilaf to accompany delicious Dijon marinated pork chops dressed with a delightful shallot sauce.


I simple followed the directions of the back of the bag of rice to make the pilaf.  I adapted the pork chops recipe from here
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment