Friday, June 17, 2011

So. Much. Sweet.


There are many wonderful things in the world of food.  One of the best things?  Brunch.

Brunch is the perfect meal. Relaxed atmosphere.  Sleeping in.  Lazy preparation.  Eating way too much.  A perfect weekend activity.

Last weekends Sunday brunch was crème brulee French toast with fresh strawberries, smoothies and bacon.  


The French toast was an adventure.  It was a new recipe from a favorite food blog.  I decided to try it.  Unfortunately, it was a mediocre first attempt (my fault, not the recipes).

Two things:

1)    They were too sweet.
2)    The beautiful, delicious looking caramel topping-the crème brulee part of it-hardened and was impossible to eat.  We ended up peeling it off and tossing it.

Despite these things, they were delicious and I will make them again. 

They look beautiful though, don’t they?!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog on the JET couples group. Glad to see that it might be possible to bake in Japan! I've been wanting to try that recipe since she put it up, I've just been too busy!

    ReplyDelete