Monday, June 20, 2011

It don’t mean a thing…



The weekend.  I was feeling positively bum-tastic last Saturday.  Being a major crabby-cakes to my poor husband.  I didn’t want to do anything or go anywhere.  I just wanted to sit at home, read and eat chocolate. 

It was that kind of a day.  The kind that only chocolate of lots of painkillers can fix.  Ick.

Unfortunately for my crabby self, we had promised a friend a few weeks ago we would go swing dancing with her that evening.  In Tokyo.

Le sigh.

I had a choice to make: 1) Continue to wallow and drown myself in chocolate.  -OR- 2) Put on my big-girl panties and deal with the situation.

My dear sweet husband had been watching YouTube videos all morning trying to remember and learn how to swing dance.  (How lucky am I!?)  I couldn’t let him down. 

So I took some meds.  Picked out a foxy outfit and got ready to dance. 

By the time we left for Tokyo, I was feeling loads better.  


 We had a great time! Met lots of new people.  Learned new moves.  


 Danced the night away.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous that you are close enough to Tokyo to be able to go dancing, I heard they have Ceroc there too (which I dance back home) but unfortunately I cant find anything down here in Osaka ;( Dancing is the best cure for a bad mood so Im glad you made it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Melissa! What do you do down in Osaka? I agree-dancing is a great cure for a bad mood. :)

    ReplyDelete